Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Yet another message from Magnepan, re: DWMs

I don't recall talking about it here specifically, but you need to consider that the optimal load for the Magtech and A21 is 4 ohms to at once avoid overheating at low load under 2 ohms and get the most current out of them. An 8 or 16 ohm load will get you lower power than wiring for a 4 ohm load.

What you are hearing with your new cables is what you would expect with a new cable loom of well regarded product vs. a very cost conscious choice such as BJC. My own favorite is the mil spec silver plated stranded teflon or kynar dielectric cable available in many locations from ApexJr to Ebay. Very clear and rather neutral with a slight tendency to brightness. I use it for phono cable, pre to mid/tweet power amp, mid/tweeter speaker wire and hookup wire inside the speaker, My JPS Superconductor (the original) has better bass but loses out at least marginally on detail. On the speaker cable side, my Tara Air2 RSC sounds artificially ripe in the midrange, something we also noted in comparing higher priced Tara cable when compared to very costly MIT cable.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.