Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Yet another message from Magnepan, re: DWMs

Speaking with Wendell discussing wiring their DWM panels he said *"Just use cheap 16ga speaker wire" in addition to more important specifics which I was calling about - One fix in conclusion was his sending along a pair of inductors and an assortment of resistors to pad down output volume and incoming midrange frequencies,

I had said in opening, I was only wiring up one set of post connections of the 4 posts per panel as that level was nearly perfect other than needing to trim the mid bass freqs on up, to be rolled off.

When he said that * , I had to chuckle ; Perhaps he saw I listed in profile my DIY Belden wire cables and Blue Jeans Cable ICs ; with the use of them it's probably true pretty much anything would suffice, especially with my planing to limit their upward range...But -

Now, having just recently finished completing this systems gears I have turned to addressing the cables finishing touches upgrade - And Good God , what a system transformation good cables made to this systems presentation relative to , "BJC LC-1 ICs / Belden wires w BJCable proffered connectors vs Mapleshade Excalibur ICs and their speaker wires - I am astonished at this systems potential I chose to bottleneck by using on hand BJ Cables on such a high resolution system .

O.K. , I know what you're thinking : Boneheaded Neo-Luddite ;')

EX-Luddite has epiphany , lol ;')

But here's the thing , "The message I got from Wendell Diller / Magnepan".

"Just use any old cheap thin mass market wire" .

- Well it maybe overkill @ $452 per $745 panel @ 4 posts each (maybe the point Wendell was making?), but as I now say; I may conclude to exercise 30 day return policy by inSound/Mapleshade if Wendell @ Magnepan is proven correct after I compare or contrast by experience here.

2.5k for wires on this 24k system sounds just about right (pun), on the low end , actually .

1st world problems , I know right .

- NEO - EX - Luddite (though still a boneheaded music lover ;')

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - Yet another message from Magnepan, re: DWMs - finbad 19:21:26 04/18/17 (13)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.