Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Tympany 1D wire problem

Hi folks, I have a pair of Tympani 1Ds bought new in 1976. I have a small problem with the one of the wires that connect tweeter panel with the middle panel. They are located near the floor in between the two panels. One of the wires has detached from the internal connection. I assume it had a crimped connector that went into a female receptacle. When I twist the wire and push it into the small hole, it eventually makes contact and the speakers play fine. I am looking for a more stable way to connect it. Wendell at Magnapan suggested truing to fish the connector our of the tiny hole or attaching a new crimped end to the wire and inserting it into the back of the old connector. I will probably try the latter solution, fashioning an extension with a crimped end and inserting it in the hole then connecting it to the exposed wire.

I hope I have made the problem clear. I welcome any advice you care to offer.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Topic - Tympany 1D wire problem - joelbaumwoll@earthlink.net 13:31:30 04/11/17 (6)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.