Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

3A?

"The tonal balance of the 3A is warmer and more bass heavy than the later models"

What is the 3A? I'm perplexed. Prob a typo?

I certainly would defeat the EQ while tweaking the placement. What I'd be looking to do is get the phasing right at the magic spot so there is minimal confusion but still retain the cavernous stage and power of foundation.

I don't mind REW. I'd used in the past many times and have benefitted from it. I used it with this space in the summer last year after the EQ was loaned to me. It was painstaking to get an appropriate setting, but once I settled I really REALLY loved to tone of a 'more flat' FR. however I sensed a loss of dynamic range. Now that I have a beefier amplifier Nd I'm using a speaker cable which interferes less the signal a reduction of dynamic range still leaves plenty of it on the table.

Should I get to it, I'll post graphs here, but it's hard during the week to do 75db sweeps at 9PM in a condo. I hope it's raining on the weekend.

My friend who was here helping, who is very hard to please and very discerning, was very surprised at the setup. He's been here many times and rarely has anything good to say. But he remarked that the music is fun to listen to. Once we EQ'd, he said it was music, it was involving, and we both wanted to listen to more. That's a good sign.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • 3A? - steven d 10:37:09 04/03/17 (1)
    • RE: 3A? - Satie 13:01:36 04/03/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.