Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Active/passive MMG help

First thing is to extend your baffle to get a better low end. You are getting unnecessary dipole cancellation that you can avoid by adding a board to extend your baffle to the floor

Re XO
I would suggest you start with a PG crossover at speaker level as those are rather successful. The particular choices he made are detailed in his mods.

For a PLLXO you can choose PG's or Davey's XO points and build the particular simple circuit to match your power amps. Incorporate level control pots if the amps are not identical, and you can replace them with fixed resistors once you have a final setting. That would be my choice.

There are plenty of folks who managed to do miniDSP implementations without much of a degradation in sound. It is something you need to check out personally to see if the AD DA cycling is bothersome for you. If you are an analog guy and never heard a digital setup that did the job to your satisfaction at a reasonable cost, then you are likely to dislike what the AD DA cycling does.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.