Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Magnepan service hello....

"I saw that first hand at the factory, when the person who rebuilds old Maggies broke her leg and everything backed up. They were doing everything they could but the other guys in the factory just didn't have the specialized knowledge to repair speakers that may have been made before they were born -- it's a highly skilled operation, in which they will literally build an obsolete driver from scratch if they have to. And they'd gone out of their way to get things moving again, including hiring her an assistant when she came back in with a cast on."

Isn't that a perfect reason she should impart her knowledge to an assistant, colleague or co-worker before it's lost? OTOH perhaps refurbishing old models doesn't produce much revenue for Magnepan and they'll just stop doing it. I wonder what the profit figure is for restoring a Tympani IV/IV-A. Since the original owners of these 'vintage' speakers are most probably hearing impaired and/or dead, or very soon will be, it can be abandoned altogether with no large financial loss to Magnepan.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.