Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Another First Reflection Trap (FRT) Adventure : Quasi-Ambiophonics

Josh,

You need not spend a fortune on the small speakers. Mine are a mix of Yamaha, Panasonics and Sony. Speakers the size of a CD (see picture). The role of the convolution speakers is to act as sound bouncing off the wall and therefore the quality, in a small room, doesnt matter. Moreover, the I use JRiver's PEQ to cut all frequencies below 200Hz and above 4500Hz.

Basically, you only need one amplifier. I was driving 4 speakers with one amplifier. Now, I am driving all 22 speakers with just 3 amplifiers. You can drive all speakers with one 100Watt Amp or better still get a Behringer or Crown to drive all the speakers as the output volume is very low.

I am using the http://www.gearbest.com/speakers/pp_39924.html amp to drive the other 8 speakers. You would probably need less than 10 Watt for all the speakers. You can see the diagram in my profile page. My total budget for all the speakers and amplifiers is below US$200 as the HT speakers were bought used.

ST

Edits: 03/07/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.