Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Larger Mini Mags 10.0R or .7R?

Funny, I was just thinking about the same thing. Years ago I used to have Magneplanars (MMG's and then 10.1QR's). Loved the 10.1's which I paired with a nice REL sub, very musical. I liked the small footprint. It was just tall enough to create a beautiful image but narrow enough to not cause objection by taking up too much room, this was Uber important to my spouse. They were sold years ago when the children and pets showed up. We have since dedicated a room to theater AND music listening but cannot provide the width required for current Maggies due to a large viewing screen. Have a pair of Sonus Faber Grand Pianos that are very musical but don't create Maggie voices.....but they fit.

I would love a pair of .7's but they just won't work domestically if you know what I mean due to width. If Magnepan could reintroduce a 10.1 sized speaker with the sonic improvements of todays .7 I would buy it in a heartbeat. I know the low end would suffer somewhat but I still have that REL sub and it is very fast and blends perfectly. Wish there was a new floor-standing product that meets the needs of todays listener (and movie watcher). Wendell, any possibilities????

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Larger Mini Mags 10.0R or .7R? - Gagman 15:08:15 03/02/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.