Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: new to me magnestan SMGa

The panels need to be vertical and centered at listening height to give you the kind of performance you want maggies for..tilting is only a partial solution to getting the speaker's aim right.

The crossover is simple and PG's suggested mods with his choice of caps (usually obligatto gold) is a good choice.

Getting a strong frame is something you need to decide whether it is within your capabilities in woodworking or not. Steel frames are more of a specialized skill. If you do build a new frame then you can use an extended bottom panel to get the right height.

Hanging them on the sidewalls in a perpendicular angle works ok, but does not give you enough clearance for the best performance. The maggies want to be far from the front wall (behind them) and work near the sidewalls only in particular arrangements.

The supertweeter and subwoofers extend the frequency range of the speaker upwards and downwards rather than increase output per se.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.