Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: new to me magnestan SMGa

hey man,
thanks so much.

so adding a subwoofer or super tweeter seems like a long term issue for me. i guess you add one of these to get stronger highs or lows?

also, are there any links for this "crossover" issue? seemed like there was some modification involving a "crossover"?

also, i would probably fab something up out of steel or try to find something suitable if they need to be /raised/. do they need to be raised or can they just be tilted back? better to raise them i guess? can they be hung in the wall?! mid-panel seems like it would be a good two feet off the ground, no?

i removed the fabric since PG seemed to indicate that they damage the adhesive. i wonder if i can hand wash the fabric covers and reuse them?!

finally, they seem like they are in decent shape but could use some gluing down of wires. can i just use the contact cement PG recommends and glue down the loose wires as long as i am in there? doing the full 'banana peel' fix on these by cleaning off the substrate seems like it might be overkill for these.

THANKS

jon

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.