Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Can Martin Logan do Rock at loud volumes ...

I say 'yes'. Any of the logans with the powered subs will knock you over if you really want to crank them in my opinion. In particular , montis on up.

I've listened to montis and had it cranked - almost ran out of the room as I knew a huge 'hit' was coming and they were quite loud.

If you throw crap recordings at them you will hear it. And not all rock is crap recording - but some is. The montis had what I decscribe as punchy bass. I am not a fan of punchy - but smooth. I have yet to hear the masterpiece series but given the size of the cabinet - I am wondering if that smoothed things out.
Also - the stats will excite the room a bit at loud levels since they are di-poles. So if you have a lively room you can expect room overload unless you have appropriate room treatments

One other note re amolification. The logans impedance dips pretty low in the high frequency you will want an amp that can handle that. I can understand amps having issues - not necessarily the speakers . Saying that the series with powered subs is easier to drive since the low end is handled by the powered woofers A lot of the guys on the ML forum like solid state with a tubed pre My 2 cents

Some great deals on montis out there. A real nice speaker.

Edits: 02/25/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Can Martin Logan do Rock at loud volumes ... - timm 13:18:23 02/25/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.