Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Adding a tweeter to MMG

I know the MMG's and larger Maggies but haven't heard the .7's. I think you're probably right that the room was to blame, if you read the reviews of the .7's I haven't seen any complaints about boomy bass.

I think BTW that the .7's would be a better choice for you. I've owned and love the little MMG's and they're an amazing bargain but they're Magnepan's budget speaker and it really doesn't make sense to mate them with the GR dipoles.

Also, regarding your original query, again, I think you'd be better off with the .7's than adding a tweeter to the MMG's. There's a lot more to good sound than just throwing good components together with a seat-of-the pants crossover.

In any case I wouldn't use the Neo 8's as tweeters with the MMG's, as Satie says, you'd want the Neo 3's. But since you're talking to Danny about building a line source and you're talking Neo 8's, why not make a full-length line of Neo 8's and Neo 3's? Or maybe Neo 10's and Neo 3's. Now we're talking about a truly impressive system.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.