Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Marchand XM44 in hibernation ...

and I can't wake it up. It has been buzzing a bit in the bass channels the last little while, and then a little louder buzzing. I tried swapping balanced to RCA's on the bass panels, still the buzz. The buzzing coincidentally started when I hooked up my new DAC, but I know it is the XO because I get no buzz when it is not in the loop. (Shhh,.... don't tell anyone, but I am running the pre-amp signal full range into the mid/tweeters; <1 watt)

So off to the shop with the Marchand. It is difficult to find quality "authorized" electronic audio repair in this small town; I just went through with this for my Mcintosh amp, I drove it 4 hours to the Vancouver area, and was without it for 3 months, but I think I have found a guy working out of a music shop I will give a go. I believe an electronic crossover is more of a pro-audio unit anyway? and it does not look like a complicated piece of equipment.

Anyone else had an issue similar? any ideas which part might be at fault in this unit? I don't plan on fixing it myself, but just curious. The odd part is that the power light still comes on; so the main fuse appears to be fine.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - Marchand XM44 in hibernation ... - watts 08:40:06 01/22/17 (13)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.