Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: miss the Telarc Organ Symphony

I read the review last night. The price is certainly great, but there are a couple of issues -- it won't drive the woofers, as you point out, so I couldn't use it for my split woofer experiment.

And then there's the ground loop issue. I'm about to try an experiment with my computer, I got a fanless power supply, low noise video card, and liquid cooler for my computer, and I'm going to see if it's quiet enough to use in my living room. But I have to disassemble it to install the components. Once I've done that, I can try reconnecting the ground on the A-21. I fear, though, that I'm right and truly screwed, even though I swapped breakers so that everything driving my audio gear is now on the same phase. Even an isoground system probably wouldn't fix the hum fields in this house (my tech power is isolated ground but I had to repurpose some existing circuits for my audio and the contractor didn't put in the access hatch I asked for so I'd have to rip open the walls to run new ones).

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.