Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: The correct magnepan for my room

Hard to say. Fireplaces are famously problematic with any speaker, if they project beyond the wall, anyway -- if they're flush, they seem to be fine (see Green Lantern's post).

What will happen with the Maggies or what happened with mine anyway is I didn't get the great soundstage that everyone craves. But they still sounded good. And that was with e.g. symphonic reocrdings. It might not be a problem with the stuff you listen to. And you won't get that great soundstage with non-dipoles either, so . . .

Would it be possible to put the speakers against another wall? Or, alternatively, what about the Maggie on walls? They should be affected because they'd be mounted on the walls -- the back wave then skitters off the side walls. And they'd also save space in your room.

Really, Wendell is the person to ask about this -- as I said, he has more experience with varied customer setups than any of us.

Finally, in the end, you may just have to experiment. For me, anyway, there's always an unpredictable aspect to acoustics in that things never work out quite the way I expected. But I've also always found that I could jigger things around until they worked well, as I did in my room here -- they're sounding quite spectacular now.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: The correct magnepan for my room - josh358 14:20:01 01/01/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.