Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

the subs are gone...sold them about a month ago...

Jim...

I have many posts on here about those damn subs...they worked on about 20% of music played, but for 80% they just did not blend with the 3.7's...
I currently do not miss them...

I have a pair of very expensive 6 meter interconnects to get my rack out from in-between the speakers. I did originally have this set-up this way...

As I transitioned to the Limage set-up, my rack ended up in the dining room of my very small condo...this was not ideal as far as flow in the living space. So I tried the rack in-between my speakers, much to my surprise, I did NOT notice a sonic difference...questioning my own ears, I had a good friend of mine come over and we tried it in both configurations. He confirmed what I was hearing, that there was no significant sonic change...he too could not believe there was NO change...This happens to work in my current Condo...I would not say this will be the results every where I set-up my rig...

As you can see, my front wall sucks...sliding glass door and a fireplace...I currently have 4 silk fichus trees behind each Maggie at different heights...along with 3" X 12" X 4' Sonnex foam panels in the corners and 3" X 2' X 4' behind the rack on the floor...IMHO, these silly fichus trees, make my terrible front wall work, added with the Limage set-up...

The top picture is of the .7 Newport Beach Audio show, notice the greenery?? Historically you look at Maggie show pics, they always have plants of some kind behind and in-between the speakers...diffusion once again...IMHO

Hope this helps...
Thanks
Mark

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • the subs are gone...sold them about a month ago... - Mark Man 09:41:59 02/10/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.