Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Building a room for my Magnepans

Thank you all for your input on this thread....

First off, What is the Limage setup?

Does anybody else agree with Russ69 that I should run my speakers on the long wall instead of the short wall??? This has me very surprised

No one seems to be in favor of the false floor/Wood floor?. this would be to help enhance lower bass frequencies..... Even my contact at Cardas said concrete floor then heavy pad then carpet and I should be fine.

So if I am understanding this correctly that I may be hindering my acoustic performance by using Roxull on all 5 sides of my room. So maybe roxull in the ceiling and just regular fiberglass in the 4 walls? I assume I would need to fill the walls with something or wouldn't they act of almost an echo chamber if hollow??

and to reconfirm guys, the only thing that will be in this room is my two speakers and a listening chair. All of my equipment will be on the other side of the wall. so my equipment rack will be on carpet/concrete not the false wood floor. and my TT will be mounted to a 2x6 studded load bearing wall.
My Pronouns are: Conservative, Patriot and Two Turntables

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.