Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Another First Reflection Trap (FRT) Adventure : Quasi-Ambiophonics

@JBen:

Sorry for taking so long to respond. Remind me never to ask you to do something - you'll spend hours and hours doing it! ;-) I really appreciate your feedback here, if for no other reason that it does validate the fact that making Maggies "sing" in a small, boxy room is a non-trivial exercise.

That said, I would dearly love to hear your setup someday. I still have not been able to achieve the really 3D pinpoint imaging you describe. Earlier, you gave us a guided tour through the first minute of the Eagles "Hotel California" from "Hell Freezes Over", and while I get pretty good depth, I don't get the whistle coming from the balcony over my head at one point like you described. On the other hand, I do get the occasional sense of instruments in front of the plane of the speakers, and since those are about 5 feet away, that is CLOSE! Also, I can localize the relative height of instruments.

One track which seems to be out of print now by a little known band called Mostly Autumn ("Shindig" from "Spirit of Autumn Past") has a jaunty synthesizer bass beat coming from my feet! Literally goes from left foot to right foot and back and forth. Then a fiddle comes in, a little above ear height and behind the plane of the speakers on the right, then a flute on the left forward of the speaker plane... you get the message. Lots of fun.

MG-bert

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.