Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Another First Reflection Trap (FRT) Adventure : Quasi-Ambiophonics

MG-bert, I know the challenge that you are so creatively tackling. It can't be easy, if I judge by a little on-the-fly experiment I did.

Last year my neighbor had to rebuild a long wall that became water damaged. A load of drywall was brought in for the project. However, the contractor was delayed; hospitalized for a few days after an accident. So, I asked my neighbor to loan me a few pieces of the drywall for a day.

With it, I "shortened" my room from 12x25 or so to 12x12. It was an audio disaster compared to its usual sound. I suppose that I could have fixed some of the things that changed so radically. In fact, had I had more time I would have applied some of the lessons you had already shared, for I remembered your earlier posts on the subject.

With this in mind I was about to ask my neighbor for an extra day. Just then my wife, who had gone to visit her mother, called. She decided to return earlier than planned.

That was the end of the experiment right there. LOL! Had she walked in while the mess I made was still on...I would have joined my neighbor's contractor in the hospital.

Edits: 10/07/13

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.