Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Another First Reflection Trap (FRT) Adventure : Quasi-Ambiophonics

LOL, you use the pipe insulation and Armaflex in ways close to but not quite the same as some of us use these for.

Old Guy 42 and I are jointly evaluating a few related tweaks that should lend themselves for some cheap and fun approaches. To be sure, the use of those circular pipe edges brings some advantages, which is part of what Old Guy 42 and I have been exploring. However, those who try them may wish to fine tune their respective results. For this, they may need to add hard edges to avoid top-end clarity and dynamic impact loses.

For example, my MMGs have had Armaflex butyl (2" tape) along the front of the frame and rounding it around the frame edges for years. Yet, I have not found a way to leave the outer edges exposed; always need to add a hard edge like the factory trim.

Yet, in your setup, it appears that the soft butyl pipe insulation edge doesn't do this? If so, it could be a function of your whole setup as a system, which would be very interesting!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.