Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: IIIa Foil Project Sucess!

Thanks Computerman, I appreciated your tip and was sorely tempted, but in the end decided not to go for it since I just got a couple of sound cards which I haven't even tried yet. The reason I didn't respond right away to your post was that I was reading about the Audiofire! Then got called away.

All I can do now anyway is bi amp or use the MMG's for surrounds (the limitation being that I only have two amps).

I've definitely thought about the Tri Center. :-) But it wouldn't work for me, I have to accommodate a 114" screen and my room isn't wide enough to fit in the two flanking on-walls, or deep enough to use an acoustically transparent screen in front of it (not enough throw length). I'll just be glad to start on my own Tympani project, had to put that off because I had to cut some vinyl flooring and the only large bare space in the house was my listening room. :-| Between setting up the Tympanis, pulling off the socks to check condition, and building my "new" HTPC (parts sitting in closet for the last year), I'll have my hands full for a bit. Not to mention playing with Acourate once I know where I'm going to position the IVa's.

Someone should bid on those IVa's on Ebay! They don't come along that often and according to the ad, they've been refurbished.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.