Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: IIIa Foil Project Sucess!

Yeah, I have a copy of the IVa manual. The split arrangement was actually one of the main reasons I got the IVa's. I have to accommodate a projection screen and in the split configuration, the IVa's are actually better for that than the "smaller" single panels since the mid-tweeter panel is so narrow. Whereas you can't split a 1-D, the crossover is too high.

Satie and I spent a lot of time playing around with possible arrangements. I may still end up with something different. DSP gives me a lot of versatility. My original plan was to put the woofers in the entrance of my living room, in effect extending the wall, and cross them over at 80 Hz. Then I'd only have the mid tweet panels to deal with. But we never came up with a good way to extend the response of the mid-tweets down to 80 or 100 Hz. Genesis does it with the RD-75's, but I could only fit an RD-50 and they use a huge mid/tweet baffle. We talked about stacking some of the smaller models but it gets a bit ridiculous. A pair of MG-10's might do the trick. Another possibility would be to put the midbass panels of the IVa's next to the mid-tweets and then cross over at 100 Hz to the deep pass panels, in a .5-way configuration -- bass handled by both, midbass handled by the midbass panels.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.