Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: IIIa Foil Project Sucess!

I will check around and see if I can come up with an intelligent opinion of the sound quality of the converters.

I will also hookup the Impact Twin to a digital input on my Sunfire. I have a "tape in" hookup with it now, and I can then A-B them. That should give us some idea of the quality of this unit made by the same mfg. It is a $400 net line level preamp, with other goodies, including some of which the Konnetk 48 has. It has 4 analogue audio outs and ins.

I like your idea about using the 1-D tweeters for surround. I am not sure about using the woofers for subs though. I have an AR Sunfire powered sub right now, so would you use both? The IIIa bass panels are not bad and give the 1-D's a run for the money, however as I mentioned prior, I need to move the 1-D's out away from the wall more. I can't imagine the IIIa's sounding as good as the 1-D's for bass could they? Just thinking out loud, maybe the wood frames give them the extra quality and boost.

Unfortunately, I have to rewire the connectors on one panel. I used the old connectors and that was a mistake. I have new ones that Magnepan sent and I should have used them. Live and learn hey? :)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.