Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: IIIa Foil Project Sucess!

Hey, that's great!

A good midrange should also be a good tweeter, because there's a lot of overlap -- at 6 dB/octvave, you can still hear it four octaves above the crossover.

Here's where experimentation is in order. If you can play with crossovers in your computer, that's ideal, because you can decide what you like. Even if you just use the computer's motherboard audio to get the extra channels. Measurements would also be a big help here, since the driver is no longer stock. Otherwise, you could just mimic the original crossover in your PLLXO. In the absence of measurements, that's where I'd start. Actually, I'd start by asking poor Satie, since he's had so much experience with his Neo/ribbon crossover and with making everything single pole, which you should be able to do once you add the Tympani bass.

You may have to EQ the bass if you run everything together, Norman M. tried combining his IVa woofers with his 3.6's and got too much bass.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.