Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

looking at the ad

I see a set of MG 20.7's along with a pair of Mini Maggies accompanied with the slogan regarding 'growing up to be Wisdoms'.

I have no doubt the Wisdoms are a fine speaker (for a hundred grand they sure as heck better be).

But I've also had the opportunity to hear another $100K speaker, the Wilson Alexandria X-2 ($125,000 per pair); on the same day I heard a pair of MG20.1's. I had the advantage of listening to both (albeit in seperate rooms; both as about as ideal as it gets)..and let me tell you brother, it was no contest; the Maggies had me by the gonads and wouldn't let go. The Wilsons were phenomenal, don't get me wrong, but the Maggies for what they do, did it better than any other speaker 3,4,5 times their price IMO.

So in a sense regarding this ad; I guess I just don't get it and thats fine, I'll sleep good at night, but it kind of leaves the impression of Maggies who were once leaders in a pack, were all along simply just another speaker trying to 'catch up' to another far superior product...just my opinion..

Edits: 05/12/12 05/12/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.