Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Maggie madness

Anything can be improved, which is why we see new models. I'm not sure exactly *how* you'd improve these speakers at their price points, but I'm sure we'll be seeing .8 versions a few years down the line. Not that I don't run ideas past Wendell. But they're purely speculative "Hey, what about this idea?" stuff, which I'm sure he hears from everybody and his mother. I'm often short basic engineering information, e.g., dimensions, crossover points, etc., and they know more about planars than I do, and the costs and practicalities of their manufacturing operation. They also have a specific corporate and marketing philosophy, and they have to take sales potential and customer preferences into account. There are a lot of things that audiophiles just won't go for, e.g., I've noticed that you can't get audiophiles with space limitations interested in the on-walls, even though they apparently compare favorably to the floor standers. I guess people have them classified mentally as home theater speakers.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Maggie madness - josh358 18:57:08 03/27/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.