Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Maggie madness

Second the Emotiva as a budget option. Earlier in this thread I mentioned that I took my son HT shopping. We settled on Emotiva gear including their 5 channel amp. We just got everything set up a couple of days ago, and nothing is broken in yet, but still the initial impression is quite good for the money. Repeat, for the money. Emotiva sells a 1000 watt (over 4 ohms) mono for $999 each that has reiewed pretty well. I work with someone who has heard my Maggies, loves the sound but like my son can't afford sufficient power. He is really curious to hear my son's Emo settup after it settles down some.

If I were a Maggie dealer I would use a kilowatt amp and play both Diana Krall (soundstage and imaging) and Flim and the BBs (massive dynamics and bass). Next I would explain why the choice of amps and explain that the combination of Maggie cost and amp should be considered in total to other shopping choices. I would also explain that a getting started option is to use something more modest if the budget didn't allow it. IMO you can't just demo Maggies with weak power.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.