Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: In the wings... MMG LWingies

Hi Neo; thanks! There's more to it than I mentioned. The side wings need to be easily removable because of room constraints on one side. At times, it blocks access to a door too much.

Luckily, the Stixbees, working together with the Razoring, do a huge job by themselves. In fact, the Red Oak that I have been using for the Stixbees is going to be hard to beat in terms of extra performance when I switch to Bulletwood...but one has to try!

Today I am trying to measure the dynamic impulse performance of plain MMGs vs MMGs+Red_Oak_Stixbees and later, vs the new MMGs+Bulletwood_Stixbees. The latter wood has twice the flex strength of the Red Oak. These test will have to be made without the LWingies.

The wife just left...time to make noises here...back to work on the day's comparison project. It takes far more preparation time for each test than the actual test...then I have to wait for the neighbors' damn dogs and the planes, which can ruin a scan.

Edits: 03/24/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: In the wings... MMG LWingies - JBen 06:40:54 03/24/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.