Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: my Tympanis used to bottom on the cannon shots on the Telarc 1812

My MMGs, just after I got them old and with the original parts, also bottomed out with this Telarc SACD. In the process one of the old caps gave the spirit.

In the 80s, Telarc's original 1812 LP had the nasty tendency to blow my box speaker woofers (I even had replacements in stock). Eventually, it blew a power amp. In all cases, it was a glorious experience...with the final salvo setting the amp on fire. I mean, the LP grooves on the cannon shots where out of this world, with visible angular mudulation!

Recently, I tested the MMGs to 108db peaks with other music (not the cannons) before I became concerned about the neighbors. After I am finished with the Stixbees' new wood and integrated the results of my experiments with wings & wingies*, I'll be happy if I can do a few 110db+ peak runs, just for kicks.

*My wife just approved the new look, on paper, and called them "LWingies" (looeengies). I'll see if I can post a drawing later.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.