Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Cones...

In the...80s.....even the 90s...these so called Subs..base boxs..Were not so ezey to sale.. most were still on the LP Recoards..Mono Type Sound an the thinking that all you needed was one sub...An Subs were big...Magnepans Sounded weak some would say BAD in most cases..with out a sub...most would not even look at magnepans...an who here dose not have a base box???an like myself two subs...An on the [SUB] part...of the Base Box...get real ...To get 40hz takes over 50'...so in your best room like 20'X30' out of the box in the room you my get a base hump of 40hz but you well be geting up to 100hz out of your sub box...all the box dose is give more of what is already come out of the maine speakers..Without the BOX you lose a LOT! So All Magnepan had to do was make a speaker works well from 60hz up...an thay did.

So here the Deal who Here [DOSE NOT] use a Base sub box....an if you do turn it off... for a week an less see what you think about your Maggys..I think you well see the short-comings of the pans...just like the box speakers....

I would not live with Magnepans with out a sub Box!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Cones... - tyu 05:33:20 03/21/12 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.