Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Sound coming from outside of the soundstage

Ok, just keep trying...little by little one starts getting an improved sense for what might work.

If you mean the drawing with the curved arrow, it is a little more elaborate than just the room. Luckily, at some point in the future you may be able to shoot for something like this.

The reason is that to obtain it, room and electronics go into a "tuned state" First, I maximize every room feature that can help in this particualr situation, including exposing the sliding door glass. The latter is usually a no-no in audio but I get away with murder by compensating at the corners. It works, but it still can get too bright with bad material.

The other key element is that I then switch my bi-amp configuration to one that places both drivers in the same polarity. The resulting frequency response curves are virtually the same when measured with a mic. However, the "same polarity" xover version will enhance depth and layering towards the back. It does help to be able to measure the actual frequency response because one "sees" how the drivers work together and separately.

I don't know for sure if this would work with 1.6s but at least you already have a great xover to try it with...but later. First you have to get the hang of what you have.

Which reminds me, if something is not set right in that xover, you may get great imaging showing up in China...LOL!...but not really where you want it. So, keep learning about its capabilities, limitations and related things.

Edits: 03/19/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Sound coming from outside of the soundstage - JBen 23:59:50 03/18/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.