Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Sound coming from outside of the soundstage

Awright! We're getting somewhere.

I was hoping to find my installation disks for Flash (creator) which got corrupted in the PC, but they must be in the storage. With Flash, I may be able to illustrate, by animation, the appearance of items on my soundstage as some pieces are played. I have many examples that correlate with other Maggies and other box speakers that I've played that same music through.

In the meantime, for further reference at the start of this Hotel California version, before the singing begins:
- As the piece opens, the first guitar chords appear centered, about 2ft behind my TV (which always behaves as if it were not there, sound-wise)
- A guitar solo then begins a couple of feet behind the right MMG
- The bulk of the crowd is spread from left outside that MMG to right outside that MMG, but on the other side of the back wall (sliding door).
- The low-frequency amplified/miked conga beat is strong, dynamic and beefy. The MMGs don't need the subwoofer to project most of its impressive bass and that's how I prefer it (thought the subwoofer will reveal more low-end ambience, synthetic as it is). This beat shows left of center and I perceive it as slightly forward of the crowd but still outside the room.
- The normally recorded side of the conga pair is sent mostly to the right channel and shows about 4ft behing that MMG.
- The crowd blooms at times, with a bias towards the left side of the room. Some of the whistling is also left-biased but appears slightly behind me and very high above...as if there were various levels in the hall and someone whistled from a level above. This particular whistle location is very reapatable. I've heard it hail from that same spot with 1.7s, 3.7s, 3.6s, LFT-8bs, Nola Baby Grand Ref, B&W 802Ds and a couple other speakers, all in diffrent rooms. So, I supect the recording engineers did not do this by accident.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.