Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Sound coming from outside of the soundstage

However, it is not only the Maggies that can do it. Depending on how the recording was made, many good boxes can deliver the experience. However, planars are much better at it, as far as I've personally heard.

Yeah, I remember a recent audition I did for the Naim DAC. At one point, the sales rep told me he's gonna play some Roger Waters track, and alerted me to pay strict attention to the 'surround sound' effect that should be delivered (he was using Totem speakers). I remember trying real hard to hear the much ballyhooed surround sound effect, but for the life of me couldn't detect even a single sound coming from outside of the regular soundstage zone. But I just played along, telling the rep how impressive Totem speakers were;) I didn't want to ruin his presentation...

But at home, with Maggies, for sure, these wonderful little surround sound effects keep pleasantly surprising me and often startling me:)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.