Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Speaker "break-in" data

Ah! Good to read some sort of confirmation on the idea. Without actually putting it to the test I would be able to talk myself into either possibility. With your observation we have a good idea that it doesn't amount to much.

When it gets cold enough in winter I use an IR space heater that I am very fond of. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed making the room nice and toasty for a comfortable night of music. Of course I was able to suggest to myself that radiating a little infra-red towards the speakers might be good for making the diaphragms a bit more limber. Well, at least it will be good for making myself a little more limber then. Toasty, even. Nice and toasty. I'm almost sorry winter is drawing to a close now. It's one of the reasons I chose low heat producing equipment. I'm sure it would have been welcome for 4 or 5 months a year. And pretty much unbearable for the rest of the year if I didn't come up with some supplemental cooling. I do not see Wootan's in my future. Which is OK. I am, admittedly, pretty much a solid state guy. How often do you see someone admit to that in an audiphile forum? I wonder that if in 50 years or so from now that the 'Old Guys' will spontaneously offer that they prefer solid state and digital? Probably not.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.