Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Shifting instruments and room layout

Well, it is just past 3am here and I was about to sign off...so my pistons may be misfiring...

- With the setup here, room width 12' (25'long), the sounsdstage can be larger than the room, in all 3 directions in front of me. The walls can vanish. I use a tweeter-in config but tried tweeter-out for a while just to evaluate. The stage width is just as good with either but tweeter-in is sharper and more focused here.

- Tweeter-in's stage here is deeper. Again, room config and size may play a role.

- We will get to the panels later but I do worry a little about the current placement. My initial thought is that light treatments will be better. The panels, at least experimentally, may turn out to be better on the wall behind you, on the right. Their absorption may help balance against the open space to the dining room. In addition, you could wind up with better dynamic punch. If it worked, a prettier alternative may be mandated later, unless you are single...:-))

- In the meantime, I have to figure out how you can take advantage of a room feature that we partially share; the truncated corner on one side. In my case, I had to match it on the other side, and it became an asset. You can't fully do so. We'll have to be creative.

And now it is 3:30am...later!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Shifting instruments and room layout - JBen 00:27:32 03/02/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.