Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: What do you want?

Hey Rod,

I know you were asking Waz, but one thing that should happen here is that the reviews Peter Gunn has posted in the asylum review section for the MMG and the 1.7 should be deleted or at least have some big bright text explaining that PG is a modder of magnepans and to take his comments with a huge grain of salt.

Here is one of the 2 reviews he has on the magnepans he mods, which ironically finds all the "weaknesses" that his mods claim to fix: http://www.audioasylum.com/reviews/Speakers/Magnepan/Magneplanar-MMG/MUG/12/128298.html

The review portion drops the "M" designation (I am guessing because manufacturers reviewing other manufacturers products is in such poor taste that it wasnt even thought of as a possibility) so you cant tell who is who. Even then how many people even know what the M is for????

I am betting if Ah Tjoeb for instance reviewed the marantz cdps they mod or some other modder did a review of the products they mod, those reviews would be pulled pronto. So should PGs IMHO.

Overall the moderation is pretty good here and often I appreciate Mart's hands off free speech approach. It works pretty well here with the exception of manufacturers. Years ago there was this French company that made similar products like magnepan and would bust into threads. They got banned pretty quickly, but PG has been doing this for years so it makes one wonder why he has gotten a pass but the french guy didnt. Consistency is key.

Cut to razor sounding violins

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: What do you want? - Dawnrazor 20:16:41 02/26/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.