Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Foil Project for IIIa's

Re busy Endler

I can't do anything to clear up Endler's schedule, so try Rick Schultz at Tweakaudio.com for his turnaround. He is very good to work with and does terrific work. I have a Nuforce ref 8.x amp that he modded and fixed for me after a lightning incident and they are astoundingly good in the midrange and bass.

Re binding posts,
For Bananas - what I use, since it is minimal mass:
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=091-1160

I bought a set of these expensive ones and tried them out without drilling for them and they were no better than the bananas so long as you use bananas. The do sound better if you use bare wire - since you skip the banana connector, but not by much, so I skipped them and use the above el cheapo banana jacks:
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=093-562
I actually tried out the prior version of these.

Re PLLXO, I can calculate it out for you for various amp options and it is really simple, but you do need to know the amp input impedances and preamp max voltage out for the calc..

Re class A amps

You can keep them off and it takes only 30-40 min to come on song if you keep your house above 70F. That is because they heat themselves up with those 300 watts at idle.

Keeping them on during the winter is nothing much for me since we have electric heat, so what we generate in one place is compensated with the other. Things don't work all that well in summer as the extra heat bakes you in no time at all and the AC must be engaged to remove the heat.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Foil Project for IIIa's - Satie 16:22:47 02/26/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.