Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: PLLXO question related to LDR

John, I would have to agree that LDRs have improved greatly in stability. After you mentioned your plan in another Asylum forum, I dusted my old research and then looked at what you saw. This was weeks ago and I am still keeping track of it for the future.

By and large, it looks promising. Too much, perhaps. I asked and the kits are not being made available anymore, or at least for now. They seem to be selling all the selected LDR paired sets that they can get as finished product.

As Davie and Neo suggest, insertion losses could be a problem. The thing I liked about this LDR design is the low input impedance. It appears that my existing PLLXO setup would hardly be affected by being right after the attenuator. If you consider that my LP is currently being set as 2nd order, I already have the bulk of losses accounted for. I can still go to 1st order on it and remove impedance.

BTW, this may work just as long as I don't want to add a properly timed subwoofer. Things get trickier for this and Davey may have a good perspective on this also.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.