Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Speaker vs room vs equipment vs system

I listened to the 3.6s last night for 1.5 hours at (what I thought was) low volume last night. I have ringing in my ears this morning. The truth is, it wasn't low volume. It was smooth and open sounding, and I enjoyed the session, but I found I was missing so much information at this volume, that I would have liked to turn it up.

I want a speaker that I can listen to at moderate volumes, and never feel that I need to turn it up. You don't feel like you need to turn up a live performance, or turn up someone speaking right in front of you. Why should I feel that way with my speakers?

Funny, my experience is the exact opposite. Before I got my Maggies, I was always into this 'turn up the volume', which was driving my wife batty. It escalated to the point where I could only get to listen to music if I first send my wife out to do some shopping -- a very expensive hobby indeed:(

All that changed for the better the day I got Maggies. Their presentation is so huge and satisfying that I find it almost threatening at moderately loud levels. Thus I tend to tone it down, much to my wife's delight.

Seems like we may be talking about two different things here, or like we're talking pass each other. Strange...

Edits: 02/22/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.