Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Speaker vs room vs equipment vs system

My system profile is up-to-date, so yes I'm using the 150W Linar (yes, with Mosfet output -- quite a sweet sound). They are very high current (600W into 2 Ohms), and I found their bass drive better than the Bryston 4BSST I had before.

I no longer have that Denon 5900. It really didn't cut it driving Maggies ... though it could sound good on B&W -- go figure.

I listened to the 3.6s last night for 1.5 hours at (what I thought was) low volume last night. I have ringing in my ears this morning. The truth is, it wasn't low volume. It was smooth and open sounding, and I enjoyed the session, but I found I was missing so much information at this volume, that I would have liked to turn it up.

I want a speaker that I can listen to at moderate volumes, and never feel that I need to turn it up. You don't feel like you need to turn up a live performance, or turn up someone speaking right in front of you. Why should I feel that way with my speakers?

Edits: 02/22/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.