Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Newform Research

Hi guys, first post on Planar Asylum.
I am thinking of upgrading my current speakers, Totem Hawks. They are good, but I find the treble slightly bright and unnatural compare to some other speakers I have heard. I am looking for a speaker with a non-dome tweeter.
One speaker that has caught my interest is the Newform Research--namely the NHB version with the 7 inch Scanspeak Relavators and the 45 inch ribbon. It costs about $5k and seems to offer a lot of speaker for the money.
I know there was some controversy regarding very negative attack posts against this company some years ago. Most of the posts regarding these speakers are fairly old and people seem almost afraid to talk about them.
Anyone own a pair or have direct experience with them? I am particularly interested in the imaging/soundstaging abilities and a natural (treble) tone. Would be using a 90 watt tube amp to run them. Any other alternatives in about the same price range? Thanks.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - Newform Research - Mendel 19:07:07 02/20/12 (22)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.