Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Lovin my MMG's, except.....

As none of us were there we only had your words... which did lend the impression of a bootlegger flying down a dirt road at midnight :^ )

Let's simplify it. It appears you believe some modding or alterations are needed to both your MMG and your room to fully enjoy them. I agree with that.

As we are not there we have to assume the room you'll resolve on your own in time. It does however sound like you could benefit from treating the ceiling corners. May not seem like it would matter but in some rooms it makes a huge difference.

As for the maggies, it seems you have 3 options.

1 - Keep trying every mod every jack, jim and charlie recommends until it magically comes together.

2 - Pick one of them, jack, jim or charlie and do what they reccommend and nothing else.

3 - Say to hell with everyone and work thru it on your own.

In my experience #1 does not work and leads to frustration. #3 is only viable (and in fact is required) if you feel nobody else solved the problem to your satisfaction. That means you should logically go with #2.

Choose wisely, and good luck. :^ )

BTW, since I don't spend time here like I used to if you have an important question for me, email me, I may not see it if you post. Also, I do not disagree that heaven can be found in MMG's. It can be if they are altered properly so you have not made an unwise choice.

It's all about the music...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Lovin my MMG's, except..... - Peter Gunn 09:21:56 02/17/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.