Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Lovin my MMG's, except.....

And here are the MMGs as I had them before I built the braced stands. You can see the diffusor panels I built behind them with absorption panels behind the diffusors. I have since pulled the diffusor panels out closer to the MMGs by about a foot (in the pic they're three feet behind the MMG's, now around two feet and even with the front of the rack) and this improved clarity noticeably. I'd like to try a few more of these panels at first reflection rather than the 703 fiberglass absorption I have there now. In the right hand front corner you can barely see it but there is a hot water heater that is encased by 703 panels. I've since taken those panels away and this moved the soundstage out and back into that corner as the water heater acts as a big cylindrical diffusor. To balance the room, I removed the lower half of the 703 superchunk corner absorbers you see in the left hand front corner and replaced them with two hard shell bass drum cases (one stacked atop the other) to act as cylindrical diffusors just like the water heater in the opposite corner. This balanced out my soundstage as prior to creating the diffusion in the corners the right side always sounded weaker across the bandwidth and the center image was slightly left of center.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Lovin my MMG's, except..... - tinnitusintx 19:40:44 02/16/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.