Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: no argument - no problem

morricab,

I love the name calling and innuendo, very civil. The reviewer I noted is on the staff of The Absolute Sound, sorry that you don't know of him. There are many SS amps that rival or even surpass Tube Amps these days, it is a truly wonderful time to be an audiophile, in all price brackets.

On thing that is evident to me, is that you have a bias towards SET amplification, more power to you (pun intended). As well, you have a disregard for the 6CA7/EL34 tube, which I don't.

Given your rhetoric, how much distortion does an amp with 1/10th the rated distortion yours has at less than full power?
Oh BTW, the Marantz Model 9 has "No Negative Feedback", maybe you overlooked that in your zest to criticize, so would it be the same thing with your amps, and that it isn't the same as all the other EL34 based amps...It is the fact that it has no negative feedback that sets it apart from the crowd. Saul Marantz knew what he was doing even back then.

To whom could my amps sound better to, me or you?

It would take a lot of striction to move you and I don't have the time or energy to do so, nor want to.

Jim

Nothing Sounds Better Than Tubes To My Ears! The Asylum where slander/libel is rampant...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.