Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: no argument - no problem

morricab:

Points of clarification and I will move on:

1. I don't take what you have said personal;

2. It was you who turned this into a debate when no one wanted one;

3. It was you that made a bold statement in either this or another thread that your system has "zero" distortion, which we all know is impossible;

4. You stated that you have heard a pair of VAC Reissue Marantz Model 9's and said they have a lot of character. Since there was only 250 pairs ever made, I would really like to know the when and where you heard them, and with what other items in the signal chain?

5. You state that the absence of Negative Feedback is bad, when by all accounts, Negative Feedback is a method that makers use as it allows them to make their products at less expensive price point;

6. I told you that I hear no audible distortion and provided the spec's to support that contention. Yet, you still insist that I'm wrong and there's more to it than just the spec's...but it was you who directly linked distortion with character;

7. I noted a well known and respected critic and you said, who's he, with reference to the quality of SS amplification and that it has even had a trickle down in price point to attain the same attributes of a well made Tube Amp;

8. I posted a thread from the Vintage Section wherein there was a very accurate accounting of the VAC Reissue Marantz Model 9's, but I can only assume that you chose not to even open up the link and read any of it.

I got my Marantz's from a guy who can basically afford whatever he wants and he only had them available as he replaced them with a pair of originals. More to the point, he replaced his fancy pants 6 watt SET monoblocks with the VAC Reissue Marantz Model 9's to drive his Avantgarde Trio's...the trio's are 107db efficient for the record, so it wasn't a case of wanting more to drive them.

I see that you have a pair of KR Audio VA350's here's the spec's directly from KR Audio:

SPECIFICATIONS

Single-Ended Tube Amplifier - Pure Class A, Zero Feedback
Remote Control - Volume & channel selector
Output Tubes 2 x T100
Output Power 2 x 30 Watts RMS (THD=3%)
Bandwidth 20 Hz-20 kHz (-3dB)
Output Impedance 4, 8 Ohms
Input 4 x 0.75V RMS / 47k Ohms at 30 W
Dimensions (w/h/d) 53.5 x 30.5 x 41.5 cm
Weight Approx. 37kg

What I'm seeing is 3% of Total Harmonic Distortion, talk about character! Wait, the spec's don't tell the whole story. I know that they get great reviews and probably are great sounding, so why is it so important for you to try to diminish what others have, I just don't get it.

Hey, it's all good.

Jim

Nothing Sounds Better Than Tubes To My Ears! The Asylum where slander/libel is rampant...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.