Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: no argument - no problem

"That comment, however, does not encompass the full and proper context of the system of which it is a part - including not only the complete amplifier, but also the speakers with which it interacts"

Ah but Waz it does effect the whole because the more linear the amplification device is to begin with the simler and more direct the design can be. The corollary is that the simpler the design is the more important parts quality has to be.

As to speaker interactions, you do realize that an amp WITHOUT negative feedback has less interaction with the speakers? Do you see why? For non-reactive speakers with flat impedance (Apogee for example) it is not so critical (neither is damping factor) but for a reactive speaker it is quite important (but damping factor above 5 is not so important). Read Otalla and there is a good article on Audioholics about damping factor.

"I recognize these and am enthusiastic about them. Modern state of the art is truly state of the art. "

I know this and your choice of the VAC reflects this attitude.

"Measured perfection is not my objective"

Measured perfection according to a scope is not audible perfection... until a truly linear amplification device is invented it never will be.

BTW. Did you try without the subs yet? I am not surprised that you like UL mode better at high volume and triode at lower volumes. Triode IS cleaner but not when the amps power supply is pushed really hard.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.