Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

milspec is also interesting

I can remember tubes, like some Raytheons, that one could tap and see no disturbance on the scope. Hell, they were made for equipment that was operated in a moving jeep. They were built. There are lots of options. I should imagine that one must be very careful, however, when negotiating the NOS waters. There be pirates looking to hornswaggle you with their counterfeits - arr.

A proper tester is an absolute must (remember when they were in all Radio Shacks?), unless one limits himself to buying tubes which have been thoroughly qualified by a responsible party. VAC warrants 'their' tubes and the output tubes are available in matched octets ($780). Kevin does state that he designs his products for neutrality, and that neutrality is achieved with the tubes he chose. He doesn't discourage experimentation, but he does remind the tinkerer that he is redesigning the product - not that there's anything inherently wrong with that.

Modifying is just one of the services we inmates provide.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.