Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Transparent Musiclink Plus First Impressions

I popped in a tried and true CD, John Scofield's Flatout and it was a bit dodgy for the first couple of minutes, but settled down and I liked what I was hearing. More forceful, especially in the drums and the bass was tighter (taught). The more I listened the more they settled and it stepped up even more...the (drum) brush strokes were so clear as was the amazing cymbal work.

The next selection was Derek Truck's 2nd offering, Out of the Madness, that also features Warren Haynes. I was so impressed as everything just seemed bigger and I was hearing things that I haven't before, like in one song, Death Letter that features Warren and Derek on Dobro's and I can now hear Warren tapping out the time with his foot.

Warren's vocals were also vastly improved in its presence and feel. I will have to do some Fiona Apple, and a few other female vocals to see on that end.

I'm both happy and mad that I failed to believe that one needed to spend serious cabbage on cables, and that it took so long to get on board.

I may need to email Mike Morrow and upgrade my order with him to MA3 as originally planned.

Jim

Nothing Sounds Better Than Tubes To My Ears! The Asylum where slander/libel is rampant...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.