Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Maybe this will be it

DR:

You know more about it than I do, so I suppose it could be magwire. Sure, I could have done the DIY thing, but with Morrow, you get a 60 day Money Back, hopefully I won't need it as most don't. Then there is Mike's trade up plan. The price was so good that it was a total no brainer...The price including 5 day burn in and the extra .5m and shipping was less than $125.00. To make my own, I would have to source the parts and in the end, I'm getting a tried and trued product that if I don't like, send them back, or sell them on the open market.

This set is 1.5m as my monoblocks are on a couple of isolation platforms on the floor and the pre is up from it.

They will be cooked to equal 240 hours of use to get them pretty close to total burn in.

The IC's they're replacing (maybe) are DIY solid silver core wire with a copper ground dump and are sleeved in aluminum and insulation foam with standard Silver RCA's. I didn't make this set, a friend did and I like them, but are a bit bright, but not to the point of being forward.

Jim

Nothing Sounds Better Than Tubes To My Ears! The Asylum where slander/libel is rampant...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.