Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Should we send a "representative" to Magnepan?

OK, I will volunteer one boneheaded move that I made ... Like getting the feed to the drivers reversed. I was mortified when I realized that I was driving the ribbon with the mid-bass amp. It didn't hurt anything but there was a bit of pucker factor there for a minute.

I try to observe the double check axion on such things but didn't catch that one.

You are right, of couse, on your observation on the DIY audio culture. Personally I think it is far more interesting than just throwing money at a rig. Once you start getting some insights into the physics of audio it just keeps getting more interesting. I might not be able to build an F5 with the same distortion figures as First Watt but there is something more satisfying in the exercise. Still working on that one. And it is rather annoying that I cannot focus like I once did. I rarely appreciate being near sighted as opposed to far sighted but for populating or altering circuit boards. I find that to be highly relaxing and enjoyable. And surprising that the alterations work more often than not.

BTW, you were right about the OPA(x)134 op-amps. There were better options available.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.